Mindfulness meditation has been clinically demonstrated to increase relaxation, relieve stress, reduce anxiety and bolster self-esteem. CEOs, attorneys, healthcare professionals, educators, and the military are paying attention. The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, and Time Magazine are putting mindfulness on the front page. Modern science is learning that the ancient spiritual practice of meditation is relevant to addressing complex modern problems.
This 60-minute workshop offers a basic introduction to theory and practice of mindfulness meditation, as well as its physical, psychological and spiritual benefits.
- Wednesday, December 4, 2018 from 10:00-11:00 a.m.
- Wednesday, December 4, 2018 from 7:00-8:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, January 31, 2019 from 7:00-8:00 p.m.
- Thursday, January 31, 2019 from 10:00-11:00 a.m.
- Thursday, January 31, 2019 from 7:00-8:00 p.m.
- Friday, February 1, 2019 from 10:00-11:00 a.m.
Solar Tour of Louisville
October 27, 2018
This tour is being held in conjunction with the National Solar Tour held each year in October. We will tour residential and commercial installations of solar arrays from various installers. We will meet with solar experts and homeowners when we visit sites that show how you can go solar at your home or business.
Our neighbor, Christy Brown’s new solar power installation will be a part of the larger 2018 Louisville Solar Tour, on Saturday, October 27th, and you’re invited!
Lunch will be served at noon, next to her solar installation at 4510 River Road, just upstream from Longview Lane. At 12:30pm, there will be a short program of welcoming remarks, a few details about her project’s unusual design and tips on how you, too, might choose to “go solar.” Pre-registration is required, as seating will be limited.
Fall Retreat for Men: Thomas Merton
Teachings on Zen
Guided by Richard Sisto
Sunday, October 28, 2018
9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Thomas Merton is one the greatest spiritual writers and spiritual masters of the 20th century. He was a monk and seeker – restless, deeply contemplative, and socially conscious.
Introductory Centering Prayer Workshop
This four-hour introductory workshop, presented in collaboration with Contemplative Outreach Ltd, will help you:
- Understand the historical roots and theology of Centering Prayer
- Learn the basic methods of Centering Prayer
- Practice Centering Prayer with the support of a community and an experienced facilitator
- Become aware of the fruits of a regular Centering Prayer practice