Free Introduction to Meditation Class
Mindfulness meditation has been clinically demonstrated to increase relaxation, relieve stress, reduce anxiety and bolster self-esteem. CEOs, attorneys, healthcare professionals, educators, and the military are paying attention. The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, and Time Magazine are putting mindfulness on the front page. Modern science is learning that the ancient spiritual practice of meditation is relevant to addressing complex modern problems.
This 60-minute workshop offers a basic introduction to theory and practice of mindfulness meditation, as well as its physical, psychological and spiritual benefits.
- Tuesday, January 31, 2017 from 10:00-11:00 a.m.
- Tuesday, January 31, 2017 from 7:00-8:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, February 1, 2017 from 7:00-8:00 p.m.
- No charge; but reservations are required. Call 502.452.2749 or email for reservation.
-Learn More and Register
Cultivating an Awakened Life
Meditation is an ancient spiritual practice that has remarkable practical benefits for both body and mind. This class offers step-by-step guidance for developing a personal meditation practice using mindfulness. It presents meditation in a clear and straightforward way. Participants receive a map of the inner world and directions on how to navigate the world within. Each class offers: basic instruction in the techniques of mindfulness meditation that come from various spiritual traditions; the psychological principles and scriptural underpinnings of the practice; and clear guidance for bringing the fruits of the meditation practice into everyday life.
10-week Beginning Meditation classes are offered every fall and winter/spring. A daylong Friday or Saturday retreat is scheduled at the beginning of each course.
- Orientation Retreat: Friday, February 3, 2017 OR Saturday, February 11, 2017 – 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Ten Wednesdays: Feb. 15, 22, March 1, 8, 15, 29, April 5, 12, 19, 26, 2017
- Time: Wednesday class is offered 10:00–11:30 a.m. OR 1:00-2:30 p.m. OR 7:00–8:30 p.m. The same class is offered mornings, afternoons and evenings. Participants choose a session to attend.
Additional Downtown Venue for Beginning Meditation
- Kentucky Center for the Performing Arts, 501 W Main St, Louisville, KY 40202
- Ten Tuesday classes 8:15am-9:30am: February 14, 21, 28, March 7, 14, 28, April 4, 11, 18, 25, 2017
The Great Work
Finding a Viable and Hopeful Future
Caring for the earth is of vital importance for the survival and well-being of our children and the children of all species. This course explores how we can make a transition from a period of human devastation of the Earth to one in which we will recognize and celebrate the sacredness of all creation and find our place within the web of life.
- Instructor: Kyle Kramer, MDIV
- 5 Wednesday Classes: 10:30 am-noon
- January 11, 18, 25, February 1, 8, 2017
Academy for Living in Harmony
Do you want to explore your spiritual path? Are you contemplating your meaning and purpose? Do you have a deep desire to respond to the suffering in the world and of the planet?
What is the Academy for Living in Harmony?
The Academy is a two-year transformative learning program for personal enrichment.
Monthly Silent Sitting
On the first Saturday of each month, this interfaith gathering offers contemplative support for meditators of all traditions. Each session includes brief meditation instruction and longer periods of silent sitting. Join us.