Becoming an Earth Advocate
Practical Applications for Changing the World
Tired of raging on Facebook? Looking for a productive and engaging way of advocating for the earth in your community? Then join us for a nine-week course beginning March 5, 2018, that does just that.
Becoming an Earth Advocate is a program designed for individuals who are convicted about the calling to care for the Earth and want practical information to become informed activists and advocates. In this course you will:
- Learn about Louisville’s environmental issues.
- Meet key players in Louisville’s environmental advocacy community.
Sarah Lynn Cunningham - Director of the Louisville Climate Action Network
Justin Mog - Assistant to the Provost for Sustainability Initiatives, University of Louisville
Amanda Fuller - Lots of Food
Tom FitzGerald - Director Kentucky Resources Council
Arnita Gadson - Director of the West Jefferson County Community Task Force
Mary Love - Volunteer Kentuckians for the Commonwealth, Kentucky Interfaith Power & Light
Lane Boldman - Director of Kentucky Conservation Committee
Bill Hollander - Metro Council Representative for District 9
Morgan McGarvey - State Senator for District 19
- Gain the skills needed to be an activist.
- Plan and implement environmental projects or events.
This course will culminate with either an individual or group application gained from experience through the course.
Dates: Monday evenings: March 5, 12, 19, 26, Apr 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
Time: 6:00 to 7:30
*Bring a friend and get $76. Call the office and give Code: Earth Advocate
There are three ways to register for a program.
- Register by MAIL - download program brochure and registration form; mail form and payment to the Earth & Spirit Center
- Register by PHONE - call Earth & Spirit Center and make payment with credit card
- Register ONLINE - complete registration form below; make online payment with credit card
Check the Class below that you are registering for.
This transaction is secure. By registering, you indicate that you understand and accept our refund policy