Unlocking Compassion and Brave Kindness
Nurturing Compassionate Connections
Practice experiencing your basic goodness.
This course is for anyone curious about developing self-compassion and the capacity to be open-hearted with others in order to bravely live with compassion in this suffering world. Drawing on both the wisdom of spiritual traditions and contemporary research, you will learn a variety of contemplative practices and skills to train your mind, body and heart to be less reactive and more capable of responding with compassionate thoughts and actions in challenging situations. You will learn through mindfulness and meditation practice that compassion is both self-serving and other-serving. Compassion practitioners experience more resilience, less anxiety, greater clarity of purpose and enriched connections with others and nature. The struggle is real and healing is possible.
- Ten Tuesday classes: February 12, 19, 26, March 5, 12, 26, April 2, 9, 16, 23, 2019
- Time: 10:00–11:30 a.m. OR 7:00–8:30 p.m. The same class is offered mornings and evenings. Participants can attend either session.
- Instructor: Karen S. Newton, MPH, RDN
- Course fee: $185; $200 after January 25, 2019. Some scholarships are available upon request.
There are two ways to register for a program.
- Register by PHONE - call Earth & Spirit Center and make payment with credit card
- Register ONLINE - complete registration form below; make online payment with credit card