Get on Board.
America’s low-income neighborhoods are also its most polluted. What can be done? Experience for yourself what is happening in our city.
The Earth & Spirit Center regularly offers Environmental Justice Tours. It is an opportunity to experience first-hand the issues facing our community.
- See for yourself the environmental problem areas within Louisville.
- Learn about the history, background and operation of polluting facilities.
- Receive information on the threat industrial pollution poses to our community.
- Find out more about environmental health concerns, including toxic chemicals, particulate matter emissions, air and water quality.
- Understand how our health is impacted by environmental pollution.
- Obtain practical resources for action.
- Hear from a resident
- Learn about environmental racism.
Learn More About Our Tours
2018 Environmental Justice Tours
Coming soon in Winter/Spring 2018!
Date November 17 from 9:00 - noon
Through classroom activities and a West Louisville bus tour, this workshop will help you understand the connection between environmental challenges, the health of our bodies and our communities, and issues of race, income, and justice-and give you resources to make a difference. Harvard-educated facilitator Tim Darst has decades of experience with local environmental issues.
- Cost: Sliding scale of $30, $40 or $50
- Seats are limited and pre-registration is required. A $10 administrative fee will be assessed for cancellations within 7 days of the workshop.
- This reduced fee is made possible by generous grants from the Sisters of Charity of Nazareth, The Owsley Brown III Philanthropic Foundation, and the Kalliopeia Foundation.
- For reservations or information, email email@example.com or call 502.452.2749.
Organize a Group Tour
Special tours can be arranged for churches, schools and study groups. For more information or to schedule an Environmental Justice Tour for a group, contact Tim Darst.
Environmental Justice Tour ,
Saturday Morning Nov 17
- Saturday Morning Nov 17 09:00 am