THOMAS MERTON: Teachings on Zen
A Retreat Day for Men
Guided by Richard Sisto
Sunday, October 28, 2018
9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Thomas Merton is one the greatest spiritual writers and spiritual masters of the 20th century. He was a monk and seeker – restless, deeply contemplative, and socially conscious.
Merton was steeped in Christian spirituality while feeling at home in the philosophies of the Earth. Though his prolific writing, he was able make the wisdom of Asia available to westerners.
Richard Sisto, a student and personal friend of Merton, directs this retreat day. It focuses on the spiritual journey of Thomas Merton and its relationship to our own era and our own lives.
December 2018 marks the 50th anniversary of Thomas Merton's death in Bangkok. Join us as we explore the remarkable contribution of Kentucky’s uncommon son whose profound spiritual wisdom continues to speak to our world today.
- Date: Sunday, October 28, 2018
- Time: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Cost: $60 for reservations made by October 14; $75 after October 14. Some scholarships are available.
- Facilitator: Richard Sisto, Zen meditation instructor
- For more information call 502.452.2749 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fall Retreat Day for Men: Thomas Merton ,
Sunday Morning Oct 28
- Sunday Morning Oct 28 09:00 am