Make Your World Bigger
Experience the culture, Meet the People, and explore the Land of Kenya and Tanzania
January 4-22, 2017
Kenya and Tanzania are the Africa you’ve always dreamed of. This is the land of vast savannahs, stirring landscapes, abundant variety of wildlife, snow-capped Kilimanjaro, fascinating cultures, and peoples with ancient traditions on the soil where human beings were born.
This African Journey offers the unique opportunity to combine hands-on activities with breathtaking safaris. Native Passionists will be our hosts and guides, making it possible to experience the culture of Kenya and Tanzania from within.
We will experience Kenya’s dynamic capital and urban center Nairobi. We will visit the remote forest area of western Kenya, overnighting on Lake Victoria and exploring the birthplace of humanity. We will meet members of the famous Maasai tribe and safari in word class game parks. We will build relationships with grassroots community leaders committed to overcoming the heartbreaking poverty of the region. We will foster a network of support and learn how to become responsible global citizens. The African Journey is a remarkable opportunity to make your world bigger!
The African Journey is different from a typical tour. Though we will visit several game parks, our focus is not primarily on tourist attractions, but on experiencing the vitality and daily life of Africa from within. It is for those who want to get off the beaten track, become involved with local people, and connect with another view of the world.
Participants must be able to climb at least two-flights of stairs and walk up to one mile.
Accommodations will be simple, clean, and safe. This is not for those envisioning 4-star hotels.
Ground travel within Kenya and Tanzania will be in vans with African Passionists serving as our
drivers and local guides.
The African Journey will be led by Fr. Joe Mitchell and members of the Passionist communities of
Kenya and Tanzania.
Registration is limited to 18 people.
Total Cost: $2250
• Cost includes accommodations, meals, all ground transportation within Africa, services of local guides, stipend for Passionist communities, game park and all other entry fees.
Cost does not include tips, alcoholic beverages, camera fees, any optional services, or expenses of personal nature such as laundry, telephones, etc.
Cost does not include international airline travel.
An initial deposit of $650 is due upon registration to reserve a place on the African Journey.
50% of payment balance ($800) is due by August 1, 2016. Remaining balance payment ($800) required by October 1, 2016.
- Each participant will arrange and pay separately for their international air travel, flying into and out of Nairobi (Jomo Kenyatta International Airport).
- Single entry tourist visas are required for entering both Kenya and Tanzania.
- Some immunization vaccinations are suggested. Consult your local travel clinic for advice.
• Before or by October 1, 2016 – 70% of full payment is refundable.
• After October 1, 2016 – 40% of full payment is refundable.
• After November 15, 2016 – No refund is possible unless your place can be filled by another person.
The Journey to Africa is full at this time. If you would like to be on the waiting list, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 502-452-2749
Check the Class below that you are registering for.
This transaction is secure. By registering, you indicate that you understand and accept our refund policy