Using Meditation to Work with Trauma
This course will teach participants a framework to explore their personal suffering from an integrated model of both Western psychological techniques and Buddhist meditative techniques. You will learn how to skillfully work with the techniques in a meditative context to deepen your meditation practice and lesson your suffering. Classes will involve meditation instruction, lecture, meditation periods and group discussion. Due to the nature of the course, the class size will to no more than 15 people. Participants who are currently working with a therapist need permission from their therapist before registering for the class.
- 10 Thursday classes: February 15, 22, March 1, 8, 15, 29, April 5, 12, 19, 26, 2018
- Time: 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
- Instructor: Dr. Chris Schrodt, M.D.
- Course fee is on a sliding scale. Pick your fee: $250, $300, $350. Some scholarships are available upon request.
Class is full at this time but please call to be placed on our waiting list.
Instructor: Chris Schrodt, M.D.
Dr. Chris Schrodt completed his undergraduate degree at the University of Kentucky (B.A. with honors in philosophy, 1984). He received his Medical Degree from the University of Louisville, and completed his psychiatric residency training at the University of Massachusetts in 1994. In addition to training in cognitive therapy, meditation, psychodynamic psychotherapy, and hypnosis, he is also an EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) trained clinician. While at the University of Massachusetts, he completed an internship in the Stress Reduction and Relaxation Program with Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn. A practitioner of various meditation styles since age 15, Dr. Schrodt has integrated these techniques into his clinical practice. For many years, he was the staff psychiatrist at the Marten Center for Complementary Medicine and Pain Management at St. Vincent Hospital in Indianapolis, and was Medical Director of the Adult and Geriatric Psychiatric Services, with special expertise in dual diagnosis, mood disorders, and anxiety syndromes.
There are three ways to register for a program.
- Register by MAIL - download program brochure and registration form; mail form and payment to the Earth & Spirit Center
- Register by PHONE - call Earth & Spirit Center and make payment with credit card
- Register ONLINE - complete registration form below; make online payment with credit card
Check the Class below that you are registering for.
This transaction is secure. By registering, you indicate that you understand and accept our refund policy