Meditation 2 - Insight Meditation
The Way of Wisdom and Insight: Cultivating a Balanced Mind
Mindfulness is a learned skill that offers profound physical, psychological and spiritual benefits. This course presents the theory and application of mindfulness in four dimensions of life: body, feelings, mental phenomena, and spiritual dynamics. It focuses on the wisdom, insights and happiness that can be achieved through meditative experiences. The simple but powerful techniques of mindfulness can help sharpen attention, deal with tumultuous feelings, overcome mental reactivity, and ultimately put life in a balanced perspective. Prerequisite: Meditation 1 Beginning Meditation course.
- Ten Monday classes: February 13, 20, 27, March 6, 13, 27, April 3, 10, 17, 24, 2017
- Time: 10:00 a.m.–11:30 a.m. OR 7:00–8:30 p.m.
- Instructor: Fr. Joe Mitchell, CP
- Tuition: $175. However, no one is refused for lack of funds.
Are you interested in a small group experience that can help you deepen your insights, affirm your personal commitment, expand your learning and connect with others while taking Meditation 2? The Spiritual Integration Community-Med 2 is designed to complement the coursework in the 10-week Meditation 2 class. It offers a contemplative pause in the midst of your coursework to integrate insights and apply them to your personal life through meditation, ritual, journaling, sharing with one another so that the material becomes more part of the whole of you. Register now! Space is limited to 15 in each section. For more information: http://earthandspiritcenter.org/spiritual-integration-community-med-3.html
There are three ways to register for a program.
- Register by MAIL - download program brochure and registration form; mail form and payment to the Earth & Spirit Center
- Register by PHONE - call Earth & Spirit Center and make payment with credit card
- Register ONLINE - complete registration form below; make online payment with credit card