VOICES OF THE EARTH
FIELD TRIP: FALLS OF THE OHIO
October 7, 2017
9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon
Get to know the place where you live. This workshop combines a tour of natural and cultural history features at the Falls of the Ohio State Park with mindful meditation. In addition, attention will be given to how water (ancient seas, glaciers, rapids, marshes) has dramatically affected and shaped life for the original “Falls cities” and the life forms that originated here nearly 400 million years ago and continues to influence the lives of the human and natural community. The class is intended to reinforce concepts taught In the Meditation 3: Contemplation and the World. As citizens of this bioregion, we need to learn how to wisely inhabit the land in which we live and how we can become stewards of the place we are given. Brochure available.
- Instructor: Kenny Karem, author of Probing the Wonders of the Falls
- Saturday, October 7th from 9am-noon
- Hike is moderately difficult.
- Cost: Suggested donation is $5-$50 (workshop valued at $50). Donations will be collected day of.
- Space is limited and pre-registration is required. A $10 administrative fee will be assessed for cancellations within 7 days of the workshop.
- This reduced fee is made possible by generous grants from the Sisters of Charity of Nazareth and The Owsley Brown III Philanthropic Foundation.
Field Trip to Falls of the Ohio
Saturday, October 7, 2017
Check the Class below that you are registering for.
This transaction is secure. By registering, you indicate that you understand and accept our refund policy