“The struggle is real. Relief is possible.”
Scientific research has demonstrated the following benefits of a mindfulness and meditation practice. Would you like to experience more of these in your own life?
- Increases emotional regulation and awareness of the nature of emotions
- Expands capacity for resilience
- Nurtures compassion, self-awareness, and perspective
- Reduces frequency and intensity of stress, worry, anxiety and fear
- Improves working memory capacity
- Enhances ability to pay attention
- Improves executive decision making
- Increases wellbeing and quality of life, including quality of sleep and relationships
- Eases symptoms of depression, rivaling antidepressants in studies
- Reduces risk for drug and alcohol relapse
This four-week course provides a basic introduction to mindfulness and meditation, based on the Koru Mindfulness program developed at Duke University by psychiatrists Holly Rogers, MD and Margaret Maytan, MD. This evidence-informed curriculum invites you to learn ten practices for increasing the state we call “mindfulness” and reaping the benefits for your personal and professional life. If you are new to mindfulness and meditation, this basic course is a good first step into mindfulness and a good bridge to our ten-week Med 1 Beginning Meditation course. It can also serve as a refresher for those who already have a mindfulness practice.
Tuesday mornings, June 25, July 2, 9, and 16, 10:00 – 11:30.
Instructor: Karen Newton, MPH, RD – Wellbeing Integrator, Certified Koru Mindfulness Teacher
$75, or $20 per session drop-in rate.
There are two ways to register for a program.
- Register by PHONE - call Earth & Spirit Center and make payment with credit card
- Register ONLINE - complete registration form below; make online payment with credit card
Basic Mindfulness for Stress Resilience ,
Tuesday Morning Jun 25
- Tuesday Morning Jun 25 10:00 am