Awakening the Heart of Compassion
with Harry Pickens
Compassion is central to every major faith tradition. It is the desire we have to love ourselves more deeply and to experience a sense of connection with others. Compassion guides us in how to open our hearts, to work at alleviating human suffering, and to honor the sanctity of all beings. Meditation is a strategy for uncovering this radiant beauty in ourselves and manifesting it to the world. This course explores the methods of meditation for cultivating compassion, loving-kindness, and empathy that enable us to be agents of healing in a wounded world. Prerequisite: Beginning Meditation course.
- Tuesdays 10:00-11:30am and 7:00-8:30pm
- Dates: Feb 13, 20, 27, Mar 6,13, 27, Apr 3, 10, 17, 24, 2018
- Instructor: Harry Pickens
- Tuition: $175. However, no one is refused for lack of funds.
There are three ways to register for a program.
- Register by MAIL - download program brochure and registration form; mail form and payment to the Earth & Spirit Center
- Register by PHONE - call Earth & Spirit Center and make payment with credit card
- Register ONLINE - complete registration form below; make online payment with credit card