Med 1 - Beginning Meditation: Cultivating an Awakened Life
Cultivating an Awakened Life - Fall 2018
Meditation is an ancient spiritual practice that has remarkable practical benefits for both body and mind. This class offers step-by-step guidance for developing a personal meditation practice using mindfulness. It presents meditation in a clear and straightforward way. Participants receive a map of the inner world and directions on how to navigate the world within. Each class offers: basic instruction in the techniques of mindfulness meditation that come from various spiritual traditions; the psychological principles and scriptural underpinnings of the practice; and clear guidance for bringing the fruits of the meditation practice into everyday life.
10-week Beginning Meditation classes are offered every fall and winter/spring. A daylong Thursday or Saturday retreat is scheduled at the beginning of each course. Next offering: September 2018
- 21 hours of instruction – 6 hour retreat, 10 1.5 hour weekly classes
- Orientation Retreat: Thursday, September 13 — 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. OR Saturday, September 15 – 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- 10 week classes: Sept. 17, 24, Oct. 1, 8, 15, 29, Nov. 5,12, 19, 26, 2018
- 3 time options: Mondays 10:00 –11:30 am OR 1:00 – 2:30 pm OR 7:00 – 8:30 pm
- Instructor: Fr. Joe Mitchell
- Tuition: $185. However, no one is refused for lack of funds.
- “I would highly recommend the introduction to mindfulness meditation course to everyone. It has had a profound effect on me and how I view and handle all aspects of life.” – Jane Morreau, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, Brown-Forman Corporation
- “Most powerful course I've ever taken! I learned how to clear my mind and make a path for my emotional intelligence to guide me. I'm healthier, happier and more productive.” – Barbara Sexton Smith, member of the Louisville-Jefferson County Metro Council
- “With weekly sessions to guide practice and inspiring daily messages, developing a regular meditation practice for calm and serenity has been natural and enriching.” – Linda Valentine, former Executive Director, Presbyterian Church (USA) and corporate attorney.
- “The Introduction to Mindfulness Meditation class launched me on a remarkable journey into an awareness of myself and the world around me, giving me a renewed sense of freedom and inner peace.” – Jim Wayne, member of the Kentucky House of Representatives
- “Taking the 10-week class provided an awakening on how to take the practice of mediation into being a strong, empathetic business leader.” – Dan Forte, Vice President for Programming and Events, Kentucky Center for the Performing Arts
- “The course made it easy to turn a mysterious concept mindfulness into a simple and generative practice that will serve me for a lifetime. I would recommend it to anyone!” – Tom Williams, lawyer at Stoll Keenon Ogden and co-chairman of the Partnership for a Compassionate Louisville
- “I'd recommend this class to anyone searching for a deeper meaning to their existence, more purpose to their daily activities, or simply peace amidst the general chaos of life.” – Brian Riendeau, Executive Director, Dare to Care Food Bank, Louisville, KY
- “The course was amazing and I highly recommend it, as it truly helped bring focus, clarity and peace of mind to my business and life.” – Joshua Rose, Attorney at Law, Abell Rose LLC
- “Mindful meditation has been truly revolutionary for me. I highly recommend this course for anyone wishing to develop a greater sense of internal serenity or a stronger understanding of self.” – Sarah Davasher-Wisdom, Chief Operating Officer for Greater Louisville, Inc.
- “Even if you have done meditation before, this wonderful class provides the opportunity to deepen your experience by learning from a master teacher. It brings mindfulness meditation alive with engaging and clear presentations.” – Cynthia Campbell, Pastor, Highland Presbyterian Church, Louisville, KY
- “This course on mindfulness meditation offers a beacon of hope for those who search for meaning. A balm for Earth and life itself.” – Marianne Welch, The Nature Conservancy’s Kentucky Chapter Board
- “The mindfulness meditation course offered by the Earth & Spirit Center has helped me in a compassionate and highly effective manner.” – Dr. Robb Shrader, M.D.
There are three ways to register for a program.
- Register by MAIL - download program brochure and registration form; mail form and payment to the Earth & Spirit Center
- Register by PHONE - call Earth & Spirit Center and make payment with credit card
- Register ONLINE - complete registration form below; make online payment with credit card
Med-1 Fall ,
Monday Morning Sep 17
- Monday Morning Sep 17 10:00 am
Med-1 Fall ,
Monday Afternoon Sep 17
- Monday Afternoon Sep 17 01:00 pm
Med-1 Fall ,
Monday Evening Sep 17
- Monday Evening Sep 17 07:00 pm