An Invitation to Learn, Grow and Heal
Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) is a program designed to help find peace of mind, learn to cope, and wake up to life. This challenging and rewarding experience combines comprehensive training in mindfulness meditation with mindful movement and lifestyle practices.
The group format is intimate and limited to 20 participants. The lighting is soft and the atmosphere quiet and calming. We sit in a circle to see everyone’s face and to be aware of words and emotions arising from the heart. We have small group exercises where we share and learn to trust ourselves, our partners on this journey and the organic process that unfolds during each session. We take time to explore questions, process fears and frustrations and to celebrate insight and progress along this path of purification.
Participants learn to stay present to the fullness of each moment as it unfolds, without the usual overlay of judgment or commentary. By cultivating non-judgmental awareness, skillful response can replace conditioned reactivity, allowing a natural movement toward healthy lifestyle choices and to more moments of restorative stillness and peace.
For over 30 years, a growing body of clinical research has demonstrated MBSR’s effectiveness as a powerful, integrated approach to coping effectively with physical, psychological and interpersonal stress as well as pain, illness and addiction. It is used in complementary medicine and wellness programs in universities and hospitals throughout the world. For many, this program provides a solid foundation for deep emotional healing and spiritual growth.
Thursday evenings – Feb. 21, 28, March 7, 14, 28 & April 4, 2019, 6:30 - 8:30 p.m.
- Facilitators: John Shealy, PhD, and Jordan Dye, MSW, CSW, are a married couple who together have over 45 years of mindfulness meditation practice and teaching. John is a licensed psychologist, Jordan, a certified social worker. Both are trained yoga instructors and live a healthy, balanced lifestyle. The safe, peaceful space they hold for each other and for the group provides a container for establishing a daily meditation practice while promoting personal transformation. Learn more at: www.BeMindful.org or call 502 727 2996.
- Cost: Sliding scale, choose a fee based on your financial situation - $350-$275-$200 or somewhere in-between. Some partial scholarships are available – contact John Shealy for information. (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org)
- This program is limited to 20 participants.
- 12 CEUs are available for some mental health professionals who complete this program. Learn more.
- Free Introductions: Thursday, February 7 and August 29, 2019 from 7:00 - 8:30 p.m.
Our February class is full at this time.