Mindful Parenting Workshop
Are you looking for a better, more constructive way to communicate with your kids?
Date: May 11
Time: 9am – 12pm
Instructor: Shelly Sowell
Parenting as a Path: Mindfulness-based communication for more peace in the home
Who can benefit from this workshop: Any parent with children from preschool up to 5th grade
Parenting as a Path means engaging with your child on a journey to wholeness by being aware of your mental and emotional patterns and how they impact your ability to relax, see clearly, and respond effectively to your child’s growth and development. Integrating mindfulness-based parenting & communication practices into the personal and family routine can help you create a more peaceful home by cultivating deeper connections with your children. This half-day workshop will explore the foundational areas of growth for bringing mindfulness to parenting. You will learn a mindful parenting communication practice that you can use immediately to deepen your connection with your children and help them to integrate and process the daily stressors in their lives.
In this class, you will be able to:
· Experience guided mindfulness practices (no experience necessary)
· Learn foundational concepts of using mindfulness in parenting
· Learn/Experience a transformative communication skill that can immediately be used with family
· Explore and Practice parenting strategies that will build connection and reduce reactivity in the home
· Engage in an opportunity to “troubleshoot” issues related to kids of any age
· Discuss topics in a mindfulness-based communication practice called Council that will also help in the home
Shelly Sowell, M.Ed., LPCC, based in Louisville, KY, Shelly Sowell is a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor and Consultant, specializing in Mindfulness-Based Life Skills for children and adults in private practice, education and business settings. Shelly has had a personal mindfulness practice for more than 15 years and is committed to bringing these invaluable skills into everyday living for individuals and communities. She works with individuals, families, schools, & communities to create meaningful, effective and integrative mindfulness-based wellness programs.